Full Version: splitting, front end, rear end
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
Dave1967
Hi all,
just wondering if someone could explain the splitting thing, what I would like is to have a web sight with a few small programs mainly to do with invoicing that people could go to download and use. Soooo is this splitting thing basicallly having the part of the data base, rear end, front end which ever on the web sight and thats the file that I go to and do updates and the peoploe wanting to download it download the ummm other end, god I hope this makes sence!
Is there another version of access that you can get that hasnt a front end rear end etc that simply you create your program and then when you do a upgrade its sent out, the receiver runs the upgrade and it does its thing automatically without loosing the data (obviously).
Cheers Dave
JayNoelOlimpo
Hi Dave;
heck Sharing an Access Application.
HTH.
Dave1967
Hi Jay,
thanks for that mate, appreciate it.
Cheers Dave
JayNoelOlimpo
thumbup.gif Glad to.
GOOD LUCK!
Aquadevel
Dave,
Is to the:
"Is there another version of access that you can get that hasnt a front end rear end etc that simply you create your program and then when you do a upgrade its sent out, the receiver runs the upgrade and it does its thing automatically without loosing the data (obviously)......"
If your end user's application just has one user and one computer, you still utilize a split database.
Both the front-end and back-end files reside on same computer, folder, etc.
That way, any updates still won't effect the data in the back-end.
AQM_UK
Hi Dave
Just to add to Aqua's point, I split all of my databases for this reason. It allows me to add extra functionality, zip and email this to the user for them to replace the front end.
Just means you have not worries about the back end data.
Jim
Dave1967
Thanks Guys,
Jim how do I go about Now, I did not see in the invoice table a boolean (yes/no field) to say that the invoice has been processed or not and creating the query for it?
Regards Dave
AQM_UK
Crossing our threads here Dave.
did not see it, and neither do you.
You need to modify the table Mate.
You need to add it. I did your report as this is difficult to explain, but add the fields as I mention and do that stuff and you will get there.
Jim
Dave1967
No worries thanks mate, will look into it and see how I go. Will send the end result to you for final inspection.
Cheers Dave
AQM_UK
okay mate.
Are you in Perth as if not you are burning the midnight oil here.
Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.