Full Version: subform behavior in 2003
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
mdugan2453
I am trying to see if the behavior I am seeing with an access continuous subform is normal, and if I can change it.
When I enter the first record of data into the subform, and tab out of the last field, the subfrom scrolls the record I just created off-screen, so that only a new empty record is showing. When I fill this out, and then tab out of last field, it does the same thing: records keep getting pushed out of site and leave just the empty new record in view. Is this normal? In an access 97 app I have, the records fill the whole subform, and then start scrolling up from the bottom: you always see a full set of data, with the new empty record at the end, not alone at the top.
thanks for any and all help!
mike
jrmask
Make sure Data Entry is set to no.
mdugan2453
Data entry is set to Yes. The records I create are still visible if I scroll up...
thanks
mike
jwhite
Can you post a scaled-down version of your .MDB here (remove any sensitive data, then compress into a WinZIP file and attach to your post) ?
jrmask
Hi Mike,
Data Entry set to yes allows you to see one record at a time, set to no still allows data entry but shows all records.
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.