Apr 29 2009, 07:40 PM
Hi I have a datasheet subform which lists out licence type.
In my Usysref_licence file I store the codes and descriptions for each licence type.
when I open the subform in datasheet mode all the descriptions are the same. if opened in form view there is no problem. I use the dlookup function:
Me!Licence_description = DLookup("NLC_Description", "UsysRef_National_Licence_Classes", "[NLC_CODE] Like '" & Me!Assessor_licence_type & "'")
How do I get the form to populate the description based on the NLC_code. I have tried the form_current function the Afterupdate function etc but to no avail. If I click on the appropriate code the whole datasheet descriptions change to the current record one and so on. I dont store the description merely place it there for the user to see.
Any help would be appreciated.
Apr 29 2009, 07:52 PM
Change the License control on the subform to a combo box and base the combo box on your table Usysref_License table. I assume you save the PK for each license type in the table your subform is based on....
My best guess....
Apr 29 2009, 07:53 PM
Set the controlsource of the textbox to the dlookup function (modified to use full forms references ), instead of using code.
Apr 29 2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks for pointer. So is this correct for the dlookup (control source)
=DLookup("NLC_Description", "UsysRef_National_Licence_Classes", "[NLC_CODE] = '" & Assessor_licence_type & "'")
and appears to work thanks for your help
Apr 29 2009, 09:23 PM
should answer your DLookup() syntax questions....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here