Full Version: Multiple non-sequential selection on datasheet
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
infimp
I have a datasheet that I need to be able to select multiple rows on then click a command button to update these rows.
I'm using seltop and selheight at the moment which works fine but only allows me to select multiple rows if they are sequential so I can select rows 1, 2 and 3 but can't select 1,2 and 4 in one selection.
Ounderstand this is just a limitation of Access datasheets so I am looking for another way of achieving what I want. The problem is that the datasheet datasource is a query containing 5 separate tables which means the datasheet data itself is not updateable on the datasheet.
This isn't a problem as the datasheet isn't for editing/adding data directly but it is a problem in that I can't simply add a 'selected' field to the datasheet and use that to select multiple records as if I do add a tick box for example bound to a 'selected' field it doesn't allow me to tick it. If I add an unbound tick box then ticking one box ticks every record.
Does anyone have any idea how I can select multiple non-sequential records on a datasheet when the datasource is a non-updateable query?
thanks.
Larry Larsen
Hi
Just another option if your simply selecting particular filtered records.. what about using a listbox..!!
These could be customized to look like a form and you have the functionality of multiple selection.
thumbup.gif
infimp
Hadn't thought of that - I 'll take a look. Thanks!
Larry Larsen
thumbup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.