Full Version: Print form and subform
UtterAccess Discussion Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Reports
ltnp
Hi!
I have an database with a form and a subform. I have made a report so that the info from the form is passed trough to the report. But the main problem is that the information from the subform is not visible on the report.
How can I make an report which prints both the form and the subform?
Regards
Phuong
jmcwk
Is the Sub Report Linked to the Main Report ?
ltnp
Hi,
The subreport should be linked to the main report so that the report shows all information.
Regards
Phuong
jmcwk
Phuong,
do not understand what you have in mind in your structure can you give a little more detail what your end goal is ? You do not have a detail table for your tblPersons
ltnp
Hei,
My main object with the database is to make a membership database. In the tblPersons I register the poeple who want to be a member. In the tblPersons, I have a column named: GroupNumber, this is to have a track if this person have a member of the family in the membership database. In this way we can give an discount to family members.
When I print the form and subform, I want to make the report print both the main family member and all family member associated with the main family member. That's way I really need to print both the main form and subform.
Regards
Phuong
jmcwk
Phuong,
ook at the attached (not pretty but you can clean it up) I have changed the structure of your table as well as added a table for the Detail records. Also open the rptPersonsNew
HTH
ltnp
Thank you so much!
on't know how to thank you enough for the support and help blush.gif)
Regards
Phuong
jmcwk
Your Welcome Phuong, Good Luck With Your Project sad.gif
jmcwk
Phuong,
This may help you understand the logic
ltnp
Hi!
still have som problem with the report functionality in this database. Please see the attached database. I have made a few adjustment on the database, but everything is working as I wanted.
The problem is that I want the main report to just print the person with a default value GroupDefault = True, and the subreport to print persons in the same group, but who don't have the default value GroupDefault = False.
For example, when I searching for GroupNumber = 3, I can see that the group contains 3 persons. PersonID = 3 is the groupdefault, everyone else is only a member. So when I press the print report, I want the main report to show PersonID = 3 because this person is the groupdefault. In the subreports I want to show all other members who is a member of the group only.
Example number 2: When I'm searching for GroupNumber = 3, but I'm looking in details for PersonID = 2 who is not the groupdefault. So when I print the report, main report still shows PersonID = 3, and subreports show all other menbers.
When I preview the reports (main and subreport) seperatly, the subreport show all persons which is within the same groupnumber. But when I use the subreport inside the main report, it's showing only one record.
Ohaving a great problem solving this issue. I hope that this problem is solvable...
Thank you for all the help I can get sad.gif
jmcwk
Phoung,
do not have time at the moment but as soon as I do I will take a look at your attachment and see if I can find anything obvious that is preventing you doing what you need. No guarantees on a solution but I will look sad.gif
ltnp
Dear John,
Thanks for all the help you have done! Don't know how to thank you guys enough!
Regards
Phuong
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.