Nov 29 2009, 10:46 AM
I have a subform which contains 2 synchronized combo boxes. cboProgram and cboLevel
cboProgram is synchronized with a combo box on the main form. cboLevel is synchronized with cboProgram.
The combo boxes work perfectly as far as showing the data that is necessary; however, the issue has become that the data does not consistently show up in the controls as I navigate through the records. The strange thing is that the first few records show correctly; but once you get to record 11 nothing will show up; even though the data shows up in the table.
This problem has existed for a very long time in my main database. So much that I thought I would try to remake the entire database. I recreated this database in basic to show the forum and see if anyone can help with this issue.
I do not know if there is something wrong with a relationship or my table.
The data for that subform is saved in the table tbl_FF Mijl
I am a bit confused and hoping someone can help. Any help or comments would be most appreciated. I have not had any real form training in Access so for all i know i am doing things horribly wrong. But, since I have become very interested in this I have learned a little bit and find it quite interesting.... learn by mistakes.. my master database is actually quite nice -- now if i can only fix this one issue.
Nov 29 2009, 11:06 AM
In tbl_FF Mijl there is no record with GegevenID of 7.
Nov 29 2009, 11:11 AM
There shouldn't be a record with that data, so that table is correct.
All of the data shows up correctly in the table, it'sj ust when I open the form, the control shows records 1-10 correctly, but is blank for 11 and higher (when the data is supposed to exist).
Nov 29 2009, 12:30 PM
My thoughts are that this is caused by blanks in table names. If you look at tbl_fl Mijl 2 you see that it has the records that would produce the result you're getting. How does the system know when the table name ends? Does this make sense? If so, unfortunately, just deleting tbl_fl Mjl 2 doesn't fix the problem. If I'm right then I think you need to delete both tables and the subform, compact and repair the database, and recreate the table and the subform without any blanks in the table name.
Nov 29 2009, 01:04 PM
hmmm.. well that didn't work either. I deleted the table & its relationships, compact/repair database, then recreated the table without any spaces (only using the _ as a space filler) and then reworked the subform. but still get the same results.
The strange thing is that if I click on the gray space outside of the control around where the subform is, the control value shows up. and if i set my cursor in the control for the Level then it's response shows up.
I wonder if putting a refresh in the OnLoad for the subform is what I need?
This really is driving me crazy.
Nov 29 2009, 01:15 PM
Problem appears to be momentarily solved. I placed a macro in the "On Current" Event which is an action "RunCommand" with a command of Refresh.
This seems to have resolved the issue, for now.
Thanks for your help and I'll post if this issue falls to pieces.
Nov 29 2009, 02:07 PM
Glad you got it to work. I've never run into a situation where the linkage just didn't work for certain records. Maybe the reason will present itself at some point, or if anybody else has an idea they will post.
Nov 29 2009, 02:35 PM
I just took another look at your database. I dropped some other fields from that table onto the subform and the main form and subform do actually link. The problem appears to be in your combo boxes. Although I'm puzzled because you said you got it to work. But that linkage appears to be working.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here