Full Version: Problems Importing Forms
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
danbouton
I have a serious issue. I have been working off of MDB with synchronization implemented. We just upgraded from 03 to 07 and the MDB became corrupted. I am leaving my MDB in 03 format for a while. Thank god for back ups. However my issue is in importing the forms into a new MDB. Every time I import the forms into a new MDB I get an error that says there isnt enough memory, close some programs. If I keep trying to import forms it will let me, but then it seems to delete a form once the newest one is imported. I desperately need some advice.
TimK
You can try this out. Make sure you backup the mdb file before doing this.
pen the original mdb and run this code in Immediate window.
CODE
Application.SaveAsText acForm,"YourTargetFormName","c:\myxportform.txt"

It exports the form to a text file. Just change YourTargetFormName to yours.
Then open the new mdb and run the code below to import the form in.
CODE
Application.LoadFromText acForm,"YourTargetFormName","c:\myxportform.txt"

Hope this works out for you.
<
danbouton
This worked beautifully! Thank you very much. This saved me hours(days?). I repeated the code for each form I had (97 forms) and had it run with the push of a button. This actually helped me identify what form was messed up too! My next challenge has to do with my modules. I have a similar issue(i think). I used the import wizard to bring my modules over, but they arent working and I cannot edit them or delete them. I am going to try to use the same method.
TimK
Yes, you can try it out.
Good luck with your project.
<
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.