Full Version: Form With Unbound Controls
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
Golfnutt
Hello,
I am used to working in databases that have forms with controls that are bound to either tables or queries.
In this particular case I have a database with tables and queries but the forms and their controls are referenced using vba and then data is inserted via the SQL INSERT INTO statement.
Now, I should say this is an excellent opportunity to learn how to reference tables and write data using SQL but I dont have the time.
If someone could please give me a small tutorial on how I can achieve my results I would appreciate it.
I have a form <MyForm> and a sub Form <MyFormSub>
I created a table to hold the results of three check boxes
I created three check box controls on MyFormSub that are unbound because there isnt a table or query refereneced as a record source.
What I would like to do is capture the input of each of the checkboxes <Chk1>, <Chk2> and <Chk3> on MyFormSub and put the results in <TbyMyChkboxes>
I would like to do this through a click event.
Any suggestions would be appreciate it.
LPurvis
>> Now, I should say this is an excellent opportunity to learn how to reference tables and write data using SQL but I dont have the time.
Of course you do.
Just because you look at a previous example as a starting point doesn't mean you're not learning.
Are the values from the three checkbox controls intended for diffferent rows in the table TbyMyChkboxes?
If you're adding a parent record at the same time then you'll either need to know in advance, or determine after adding, the primary key value of the parent record.
To get started - have a look at general unbound examples (such as the one linked to from the examples link below).
Cheers.
Golfnutt
Excellent Mrs. Purvis I will open the link and see what I can learn.
If it is straight forward (unlike the database I am in) then I should be able to learn.
Thank you,
Golfnutt
There is key field id that creates the relationship.
Would I use a where clause for this?
LPurvis
I'm not clear on what you're asking about.
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.