Full Version: Blank Defaultvalue In Combo Box In Switchboard
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
Lin77
Hi,
I have 7 unbound combo boxes with Value List source type and 1 unbound combo box with table/query source type located on my switchboard that run reports. I want the combo box value to return to blank after I run a report. Again, my combo boxes are on the switchboard and I just realized when I'm running the reports, the switchboard is still in the background or open. Is there any way to reset my combo boxes to blank after running a report?? Any suggestions??
Thanks,
Linda
RAZMaddaz
After your DoCmd that is used to open your Report enter the following on the next line to clear your Combo Box.
e.ComboBoxName = ""
fkegley
This link while it doesn't completely do what you need, I think can be modified to do what you want.
Web Page
Bob_L
Or you can use
e.YourComboName = Null
Lin77
Hi,
There do I input this? My open report buttons are macro enabled with unbound combo boxes linked to its report buttons.
Lin77
My command report buttons are actually macro enabled. Is there anywhere else I can input this??
Bob_L
Just add a macro for clearing them and call it from the CLOSE event of the report (not the command that opens it because you will need the values from the combos for the report).
Lin77
Which Action should I use....the only one I see is the "ClearMacroError" in the drop down.
Bob_L
Action would be SetValue. If you are using 2007 you may need to click the button that says SHOW ALL ACTIONS.
Lin77
Thank you so much for your help but I can't seem to get any of your options to work. I do work in 2007 and I don't see SHOW ALL ACTIONS anywhere. I have attached a simplified version of my database in 2003 version if you're interested in helping me further.
Thanks again!
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.