Full Version: Automate Uploading A Report To A Website
UtterAccess Discussion Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Q and A
WhiteNite1971
Hey Gang

Has anyone dabbled in automating uploading a report to a website using a macro in Access 2010?

Cheers

WN
HiTechCoach
QUOTE (WhiteNite1971 @ Dec 5 2010, 06:05 AM) *
Hey Gang

Has anyone dabbled in automating uploading a report to a website using a macro in Access 2010?

Cheers

WN

I don't think it is possible with just macros. Honestly I have never tried it with macros. I rarely uses them do their limited error handling capabilities. I need bullet proof error handling since I use the Access runtime most of the time.

I do know it is possible with VBA code. I to do it regularly. Here is some sample code that might help: FTP Client functions
WhiteNite1971
Hi HTC

Will check this link out. Much appreciated.

Regards

WN
WhiteNite1971
Hi HTC

Looks rather advanced. I'm just dipping my toe in the water at this point. Any suggestions i.e. articles, samples, templates?

Cheers

Jase
HiTechCoach
QUOTE (WhiteNite1971 @ Jan 2 2011, 05:08 PM) *
Any suggestions i.e. articles, samples, templates?

Jase,

The link I gave you was for a sample and template.

FTP'ing is not a simple/trivial task. Access does not have the built in ability to FTP. Windows does have a command line ftp utility that you can use. There are third-party custom controls that you can buy that might be easier for you. There are some freeware versions that are good also.

I am thinking that Chilkat Software has a Lite version of their FTP control that is freeware. You can find a link to then here: Access Developer Tools: Apps, Add-ins, VBA Code
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.