Full Version: How To Do A Web Front End (intranet)
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
palvarez64
Hello,
I have a question from my boss, he wants to know if there is any way to make a "Web Front End" using the intranet? with the Back End in MS-Access 2003. So can the user do the following "add/change/delete" records?
If this is possible, where can I find more information about on how to achive this? tutorial, books, etc[/size]
In advance, thank for any help,
Pedro Alvarez
GroverParkGeorge
Sure. You can use the database engine in Access, called Jet, as the database store for a web appliction. You'll need to create the interface with a tool like asp.net, or one of the other languages that create web applications.
This article might be a good place to start.
theDBguy
Hi Pedro,
Is George mentioned, that is very possible. My question to you is: What does your Intranet server supports with regards to scripting languages (ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, etc.)? That could determine your
palvarez64
Thank you George, I will check the zip file.
Thanks again,
Pedro Alvarez
palvarez64
Thank you theDBGuy,
believe ASP.
Do you know where can I find more information o tutorial training center, books???
Thanks in advance for your help,
Pedro Alvarez
theDBguy
Hi,
would say that the W3 School is a good place to start.
Good luck!
palvarez64
Thank you theDBguy.
lso I found two books that is very helpful (MS-Access with FrontPage)
  1. Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Unleashed
    ISBN: 007222973-X
  2. Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003
    ISBN: 0672322056

Thanks again,
Pedro Alvarez
theDBguy
Hi Pedro,
mm... The principles and techniques you will learn from those books will probably still apply, but I think Microsoft already discontinued FrontPage.
Just my 2 cents...
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.