Full Version: Invalidatecontrol Not Working
UtterAccess Discussion Forums > Microsoft® Access > Tool bars, Menu bars + Ribbon
pere_de_chipstick
OK, its probably me just missing something completely trivial - but I can't see it iconfused.gif
have the following (as part of my ribbon XML)
CODE
<group id="SeatDtls1"   label="Seat details" getVisible="SetVisible">
    <button id="fSeatdtls" size="large" screentip="Show seat booking information"  getLabel="onGetLabel" imageMso="FileDocumentInspect" onAction="rbnAct"  />
</group>

With the following callback (part):
CODE
Public Sub onGetLabel(cntrl As IRibbonControl, ByRef Label)
On Error GoTo err_proc
    Dim strLabel As String
    Set srcForm = Forms.frmbookings
    Select Case cntrl.ID
'    Case ....
    Case "fSeatDtls"
        MsgBox cntrl.ID    'Test purposes
        Label = "Seat " & srcForm.SeatNo.Caption & " details"
    End Select

exit_proc:
    Exit Sub
err_proc:
    MsgBox err.Description
    Resume exit_proc

End Sub

elsewhere in my code I have:
CODE
    If Not gobjRibMain Is Nothing Then
        gobjRibMain.InvalidateControl "fSeatDtls"
        MsgBox "Inval " & "fSeatDtls"    'Test purposes
    End If

On start up the button XML correctly calls the onGetLabel callback and the correct label is displayed on the button
When appropriate the invalidate control command is run, however the onGetLabel callback is NOT triggered.
Does the getLabel callback only get triggered on ribbon load and not get called when a ribbon button control is invalidated?
(NB I have not tried using the invalidatecontrol on a button to update the button caption before,
The onAction callback works correctly and the same code works for a label control.
I have tried a C&R and decompile with no effect.)
TIA
Edit:
Well, I've not solved the problem! but I have used the same basic structure to change the text on the group:
XML:
CODE
<group id="SeatDtls1"   getLabel="onGetLabel"  getVisible="SetVisible">
    <button id="fSeatdtls" label="Seat details" size="large" screentip="Show seat booking information"  getVisible="SetVisible" imageMso="FileDocumentInspect" onAction="rbnAct"  />
</group>

Invalidate code:
CODE
If Not gobjRibMain Is Nothing Then
    gobjRibMain.InvalidateControl "SeatDtls1"
End If

Callback code
CODE
Public Sub onGetLabel(cntrl As IRibbonControl, ByRef Label)
On Error GoTo err_proc
    Set srcForm = Forms.frmbookings
    Select Case cntrl.ID
'    Case ...
    Case "SeatDtls1"
        Label = "Seat " & srcForm.SeatNo.Caption
    End Select

exit_proc:
    Exit Sub

err_proc:
    MsgBox err.Description
    Resume exit_proc

End Sub

The XML and code are identical except that the callback/text changes are on a ribbon group (and work fine)
But why not the button?
The code now indicates what I want, but has the effect of changing the width of the ribbon group when the text changes, not that it matters much just looks a bit odd.
MikeLyons
Have you tried NOT using the label attribute for the button if you are also using the getLabel callback?
Edit: Never mind, I reread the code at the start and it looks like you juust used the callback.
Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.