Full Version: Save Text Box Values
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
lrb190
I have a Text Box (Format = Short Date) which allows users to use the Calendar to select a date. I want to save the date in the text box so that I can point to it later using [Forms]![<Form Name>]![<Text Box Name>].
henever I close out of the form, the date disappears. How can I save this date so that I can reference it at any time? Is there a way to do this without a table?
Thank you.
theDBguy
Hi,
You could try using a Static Global Variable (I think that's what it's called).
Just my 2 cents...
doctor9
Can you provide more information on what the date represents? That might influence our recommendations on how to proceed.
For example, is this a common date that every user has the ability to view/change? Or does each user need to have their own unique version of this date?
It might be better to save the value to a table, and have the form retrieve the stored value when the form opens, but without more information, it's hard to say.
Dennis
theDBguy
Hi,
nother possibility is to just "hide" the form instead of closing it.
Just my 2 cents...
lrb190
Hi Dennis,
There really isn't a user-base for the database. Only a few of us will be using the database to produce automated weekly reports. There is an input page where we want to adjust the date once, and then have that reflected throughout the rest of the report. I'd like to use the calendar dropdown on a form rather than just entering this into a table.
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.