Full Version: Check Box To Create Date Stamp When Selected
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
paankadu
I have an Access 2003 form that lists employees and the different jobs they do. What I want is to have a check box for each job and when that box is selected it will add a date/time stamp to the table so a report can be generated that shows Employee A performed Job B on these dates.
I am just learning Access and need some assistance please.
Thanks,
Angie
danishani
welcome2UA.gif
Yes, you can achieve this by creating a seperate field TimeStamp in your Table.
The moment you checkbox is checked, you write current datetime with the Now() command to this field;
Me.TimeStamp = Now()
HTH,
Daniel
paankadu
I am not sure how to accomplish this. There are 7 different jobs that an employee may work. When the employee works that day the supervisor will go in and check the box marked Worked Bd 2. This needs to create a date/time stamp of when it is checked. I also need it to clear for the next employee and be clear for the next night. Each night it will need to add a new date stamp so eventually a report can be run to show that John doe worked Bd 2 on these dates.
The jobs are BD 1, BD 2, HE, LE, FB, TF, WW/Util
The form is named Employee Information1
the fields are named Timestamp Bd1, Timestamp Bd 2, etc
Again, thanks in advance.
Angie
Jeff B.
It would help us help you to know how you have your tables set up.
paankadu
I attached some screen shots as the file was to large to upload. It shows the table in design & open mode, the form in design along with the properties box for the check box. Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Angie
RAZMaddaz
FYI, if you still want to upload your file do the following: Compact and Repair the dbase, then add the file to WinZip and upload the WinZip file. If you do upload your file, DO NOT INCLUDE AND PRIVATE DATE.
Hope that helps!!!
RAZMaddaz
paankadu
Hello all,
I was able to zip the file and have attached it. Any help at all would be great in adding some sort of feature to the Employee Information form & table to capture a date stamp when it is checked or selected. If possible I would like on that main form so everything is there. It would need to add a new record each day that it is selected because eventually we would need to run a report that shows that Bob Smith worked Board 1 on the following dates. If you give me some guidance on how to accomplish the adding records and date stamping it I would greatly appreciate it. I have had no training in Access and am self teaching as I go and inherited someone elses database.
Thanks again
angie
paankadu
I forgot there was a password on this one - it is coop
All personal data has been removed - it is all fictious names and numbers in the database.
Thanks again
angie
paankadu
Since databases don't like duplicated information is there a way to have it create a new record or row in an excel spreadsheet when the button is selected? It would need to copy the employee information the job name and the date that the button is selected.
Thanks,
Angie
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.