Full Version: How To Work With Embedded Macro
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
cableboy200
I created a form in Access 2007 and used the wizard to create a command button to add a new record to a database table. Access created an embedded macro by going through the wizard. I now would like to add some additional functionality when the add button is clicked but am not sure how to work with it. I need to clean up the form by clearing a few text boxes and hiding some command buttons. I tried creating a function but that did not seem to work.
theDBguy
Hi,
welcome2UA.gif
In your form's design view, select the command button in question. In the Properties window, look for the Click event. Click on the ellipsis (...) next to [Embedded Macro].
That should open up the macro builder where you can modify your macro actions.
Hope that helps...
cableboy200
How would I use the macro tool to hide a command button or clear out text boxes on my form. I know how to do that in VBA but not in a macro.
theDBguy
Hi,
If you know VBA, I would recommend that you just use VBA. Is there any reason why you would want to use a macro? To use VBA, just change [Embedded Macro] to [Event Procedure] from the dropdown.
Hope that helps...
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.