Full Version: Timeout Expired
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
Raj10
Hello everyone,
I have an access application in which one continues form. The form's data source is a query in sql server.
In this form, a check box is bound to a table field (the value is 0 or -1).
Now, I have a weird problem. Sometimes ticking the check boxes in the form, updates the fields in the table and works perfectly fine, but sometimes when i try to tick the check boxes, it just hangs and after a while it shows me a message box with "Timeout Expired".It doest not update the table filed.
Can anyone help me with that? I need to fix it ASAP.
Thanks in advance.
GroverParkGeorge
Since this database is on a SQL Server, the immediate thought that springs to mind is whether you have multiple users. If so, it could be that you are encountering record locks on the table when more than one person is trying to update records in their copy of the front end. SInce they're all working with the same tables in the back end, any contention for record locks will result in hang ups.
nother thought that comes to mind is network connectivity problems. Are you sure you have a stable connection to the server where the SQL Server database resides? Could you be experiencing problems with that?
I'm sure others will think of additonal possibilities; those are just the first two that came to mind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.