Full Version: Filter Form
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
38JJC
I'm building a Filtering Form based on the Allen Brown web site ideas, using the Filter function with a SQL statement and flexible criteria. It works fine but my data Key field is a GUID number which is not human friendly. Each job has a Human friendly "ID" number in 1 of the tables. I was going to use DLookup to change the GUID number to the "ID" on each line of the Form, but some of my "Jobs" have multiply rooms, thus DLookup does return a value. It easy to get the "ID" from each GUID with a query, but how can a do this for a Textbox on my Form? A function?
uery SQL: SELECT DISTINCT Header.BSCID, Globals.ID
FROM Globals INNER JOIN Header ON Globals.ID = Header.ID
Orderilding a Filtering Form based on the Allen Brown web site ideas, using the Filter function with a SQL statement and flexible criteria. It works fine but my data Key field is a GUID number which is not human friendly. Each job has a Human friendly "ID" number in 1 of the tables. I was going to use DLookup to change the GUID number to the "ID" on each line of the Form, but some of my "Jobs" have multiply rooms, thus DLookup does return a value. It easy to get the "ID" from each GUID with a query, but how can a do this for a Textbox on my Form? A function?
uery SQL: SELECT DISTINCT Header.BSCID, Globals.ID
FROM Globals INNER JOIN Header ON Globals.ID = Header.ID
ORDER BY Header.BSCID;
theDBguy
Hi,
Not sure I fully understand your question. Can you post your table structure and perhaps some sample data? Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.