Full Version: Silly Newbie Question
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
lorenambrose
I have a big ol table with several forms for adding data . I have noticed that if the table and a related form is open and I enter data into the form and click a button that performs a cmdRefresh the data does not show up in the table unless I click the "refresh" button on the ribbon. I can add numerous records with no update to the table, but I can scroll through the records in the form and all the data is there.
Is this normal?
theDBguy
Hi,
He normally recommend not exposing the table to users. Why do you have the table opened as you use the form? I believe the behavior you are seeing is somewhat "normal." There might be some timing issue; otherwise, the table should also update automatically (I think).
Just my 2 cents...
lorenambrose
It has not been released yet. I am still building the database.
theDBguy
Then, I wouldn't worry about it. As you have already discovered, if you just let your users work with the data using forms, they will always have access to the data they entered into the database.
Just my 2 cents...
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.