Full Version: Google Maps Utility
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
hobbiton73
Hi, I wonder whether someone may be able to help me please.
've been looking at the above database created by James Bell, (who from the looks of this a very clever chap!) to see whether I can use it to record map co-ordinates for one of my hobbies.
I'm pretty inexperienced with VB, but more than willing to at least have a try, and try to work the solution out for myself, but having looked at this for the past week I'm still unsure what to do. I'm particularly interested in recording the 'Longitude' and 'Latitude' co-ordinates that match the recorded ' addresses in the 'Addresses' table. I've looked through the code and find many references to the 'Longitude' and 'Latitude, but I'm unsure how to retrieve the information.
I've added the 'Longitude' and 'Latitude' fields to the table and added these to the forms, hoping that it would be something straightforward, but, unfortunately my inexperience with VB has got the better of me.
Could someone perhaps point me in the right direction please.
Many thanks and kind regards
Chris
theDBguy
Hi Chris,
welcome2UA.gif
What version of Access are you using? Are you referring to a utility from the Code Archive?
hobbiton73
Hi,
any thanks for the reply and sincere apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I'd thought I'd selected the option to receive email notifications for any replies, but clearly I was mistaken.
I'm using Access 2003.
Many thanks once again and regards
Chris
theDBguy
Hi Chris,
You were referring to a "utility" that was created by James Bell but I'm not sure where to find it.
hobbiton73
Hi,
pologies, perhaps 'Utility' was the wrong term to use. I too cannot find it in the code archive, but please find the link below to the post that contained the file.
http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/Google-Ma...e-t1675833.html
Many thanks
Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.