Full Version: Form Events Code Builder Pointing To A Report?!
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
Ueberyak
I have inherited a very large Access 2003 database and have added a new form. I want to add a Before Update event to a specific field, but when I click Build > Code Builder, Access takes me to the Events for a report!! I added an event at the form level without troubles, so this only happens when I try to add an event at the control level. I tried just inserting the code I want within the following, but to no avail.
!--c1-->
CODE
Private Sub ControlName_BeforeUpdate()
End Sub

The form saves this code but when I bring up the properties sheet for ControlName there is nothing there, no "[Event Procedure]".
I have also arleady compacted and repaired the database.
HAs always, thanks in advance,
Josh
MikeLyons
I don't create my event procedure headers directly in the code editor -- they don't always get "wired in" to the controls on the form.
go to the Properties for the control in form design view, double-click on the desired event property and [Event Procedure] fills in automatically. Then lick the "..." builder button to go to the code editor. It's more reliable.
Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.