Full Version: Question On Subform Recordsource And Performance
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
hk1
I have a bound subform that is on a bound main form. The link master and link child fields are configured to allow the subform to show "child" records of the main form.
My subform is bound directly to an access table. Does this cause additional overhead? I usually don't like to put References to forms in my queries but is there any performance problems with my current configuration, especially when tables get quite large?
theDBguy
Hi,
That version of Access are you using? I don't see any additional overhead to your setup. What do you mean by putting form references to your queries? How does that affect your current form?
Just my 2 cents...
hk1
Not "form references to queries". I was talking about a form recordsource query in the child form referencing the master form's ID. Maybe that doesn't even work, I don't know.
omething like this:
"SELECT * from PODetails WHERE POID = " & Me.Parent&#
theDBguy
Hi,
That is not usually necessary on a form/subform setup. The Link Master/Child fields should be sufficient for most applications (and is the correct way to do it - IMHO).
Just my 2 cents...
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.