Full Version: Ms Outlook Style Calendar For Access Projects
UtterAccess Discussion Forums > Access Knowledge Center > Access Code Archive
Peter Hibbs
The attached A2003 database file demonstrates a calendar form which is designed to simulate (as much as possible) the Calendar facilities in MS Outlook.
It can be used in three modes, Monthly, Weekly (see screen shots below) and Daily and allows users to enter appointments in any mode and to be able to easily switch between modes at any time.
It also has facilities to export appointments to or import appointments from MS Outlook, find scheduled appointments, print a monthly calendar, etc and it can be easily configured for different appointment time slot periods, different formats and so on.
A comprehensive PDF document file is included to show how to set up the system in an existing database project and how to configure the code for your different requirements.
It has been tested on Windows XP and Windows 7 and Access 2003/2007 (but not A2010).
If any bugs found please let me know and thanks to various UA members that have suggested amendments to version 1 which had been posted to this forum earlier.
Peter Hibbs.
(previous file download count: 879, replaced with Version3)
Click to view attachment
Access 2010 64 bit version (in post #2 below)

This post has been edited by jleach: Sep 7 2012, 10:14 AM - Reason for edit: Replaced previous with Version3
Additionally edited by Cybercow: Dec 22 2012, 12:36 AM - Reason for edit: Added link to post #2 below for Access 2010 64 bit version
dlathem
Hello again,
just wanted to leave a note for anyone that is using this on a 64-bit office 2010 system. I was running into an error "Please review and update Declare statements and then mark them with the PtrSafe attribute". I found that if you put PtrSafe right after the Declare statement it will eliminate this error.
And here's the 64 bit Access 2010 version tested and working! < (will work ONLY in the 64 bit version of Access 2010)
Peter Hibbs
Hi dlathem,
Thanks for the Calendar update for 64 bit Access, I am sure it will be useful for some users.
Ohaven't got this version myself but looking at your amendments it seems that it is only the API calls that need to be changed for use with the 64 bit version of Access. I am thinking that we could just add those declarations to the 32 bit version and then Rem them out so that anyone wanting to use the calendar with the 64 bit version could just un-Rem them or maybe there is some way for the start up code to detect which version of Access is being used and enable the appropriate declaration code automatically (or is it more complicated than that?). I will have to think about it some more.
If you have any thoughts on this then please let us know.
Peter Hibbs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.