Full Version: Access Crashes When Attempting To Open Vba Code Window
UtterAccess Discussion Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Runtime, Packaging & Deployment
deminiek
I've been modifying my Access forms and VBA code for years and haven't had this happen before, so I'm at a loss as to how to fix it. I updated a subroutine and the update tested just fine, so I attempted to make an .accde file with the new changes. Instead of creating the .accde file, however, Access totally crashed with the "Microsoft Access has stopped working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." error message. At this point, all I can do is click on the Close Program button. When I re-opened the file, I went to Design View on the form I was modifying and clicked on the Event Procedure I was working on, but instead of opening the editor, it crashed again with the same message.
hinking that something in the update caused a problem (which I doubt, since all I did was add an If check to some existing code), I tried to open the backup .accdb file I saved off before I started making any changes. Access crashed again when trying to open the editor. I've tried completely shutting the system down in case something was being cached, but that didn't help either. As it stands, I no longer have any way to modify my application forms, and I really need to do that.
Something pretty drastic must have happened to Access itself, but I have no idea what. Any insights as to how to fix it will be greatly appreciated.
Kevin
DarrellDoesData
Kevin,
You're not alone. It's a bug in Office2010 SP1 and a lotta developers have been bitten by it. Check out this thread in MSDN...
Access 2010 SP1 – You receive random crashes in certain database or when opening the VBA window in those databases after installing Office 2010 SP1
HTH,
Darrell
deminiek
Thanks a million, Darrell. I hadn't heard about the SP1 problem. The decompile fixed the issue, so I guess it's time to uninstall SP1.
evin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.