Full Version: Auto Resize Text Boxes
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
Titleist23
Hello,
Is it possible to have a text box in a form to automatically resize the text box vertically when the data from my table increases in the amount of characters? Let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thanks!
MiltonPurdy
Set the cangrow property of the textbox to yes.
Titleist23
Thanks for the response. However, the textbox doesn't increase in size if the text is bigger than the box
Titleist23
Even when setting the cangrow property of the textbox to yes
MiltonPurdy
Do you have other stuff crammed in around the box where it can't grow?
o you have some other property set, like allowedits=no, which might keep cangrow from working?
Titleist23
No, I don't. Allow Edits is turned off and their should be plenty of room for the box to grow
MiltonPurdy
Sorry I can't just give you an answer to that one.
You HAVE to have some propoerty turned on or off that is keeping it from growing when the text increases.
I just don't know which others to tell you to try. Look at them all.
Titleist23
It's a brand new form. I didn't change anything in the property settings other than the cangrow field.
Titleist23
I just read in another form, supposedly, cangrow does not work on a form when viewing, only when printing. Anyone else have any ideas on getting the text box to autosize based on the characters in the table?
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.