Full Version: Update Information On A Table
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
brandon000000
I have a databse that i am using to maintain information on inventory tags. I have Table1, that the information is stored on when it is entered on the Entry form. It will have 5 fields. Initially 4 fields will be filled in and saved. After a few days the missing piece of information will be available. I need to be able to update this filed for the specific record. I have done this before but it is not working as planned. I need to enter the tag number onto a form, which will ask only for the Tag #, and then have the form open to another form where the information associated with this tag number will be visible, similar to the Entry screen. This way i could fill in the final piece of information and update the table. This will help me to run a report based on the missing value to see what i have outstanding still.
Any thoughts.
Thanks,
Bradon
theDBguy
Hi Brandon,
Have you tried using the WhereCondition argument of the OpenForm method?
Just my 2 cents... 2cents.gif
brandon000000
I didn't think of that. What is the best way to write it if i am going to use this, an example would help me understand this better. I have never used the wherecondition before.
Thanks,
Brandon
theDBguy
Hi Brandon,
ere's an example for a Report from The Access Web but it is the same for Forms.
Hope that helps...
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.