Full Version: Form Design View Disable.
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
wolvie13
I have a form, I have it set up so that you can not go to another part of the database while the form is open, and when you close the form it exits access. This is to keep clients from getting inside the database and destroying data. The only final issue I am having is when the form is open, if you right click on the top boarder of the form it will allow you to go to design view. Then data can become corrupted. The DB is written in 2010, How can I disable this way of getting into the design view of the form.
Thank you in advance
gemmathehusky
supply an mde, not an mdb
The mde format prevents design changes to forms/reports/macros, although queries and tables can still be amended
argeedblu
Since you are using Access 2010, you could distribute the file as an .accde rather than an .accdb. Make sure to keep your original .accdb as a working copy so that you can make further design changes as needed (or .mdb if you are working in that format.)
Glenn
wolvie13
So all I have to do when I put the form on the client work stations is view the extension and change it to .accde?
argeedblu
No, not at all. You have to compile to accde using the command on the database tools tab of the ribbon.
hanging the extension of any file does not change the nature of the file. Changing the extension is like putting a tag on a cat's collars the reads "Lion." That cat will never be a lion just because of the tag.
Glenn
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.