Full Version: Create Web Part
UtterAccess Discussion Forums > And More... > Microsoft SharePoint
big0
I have a list (FMR) that i created in SP 2007. This work fine, but now i need to create a web part, so my external customers can access my FMR list but only see segments of the list. So, other words from my FMR list, my external customers will see fields 1 through 5. My thinking is to create a web part in desginer 2007 and list the items that I want for my external customers to see. I think i'm on the right track, but my question is how to tie that web part back to my FMR list so my office can work the rest of the fields in order to close the FMR NEW request.
ig0
theDBguy
Hi big0,
think it's simpler if you create a "page" instead of a web part. You can create the page using SPD or the browser. You can then give your users the link to this page.
Just my 2 cents... 2cents.gif
big0
Thanks theDBguy,
k. If I create just a page and provide my external customers a link, how would I keep them from seeing all my fields? I only want the external customers to see Fields 1 through 5 and keep them from seeing fields 6-30. Please explain
thanks again
big0
theDBguy
Hi,
That's the beauty of it. Since you are the one creating the page, you can decide what to put in it.
If you use the Browser to create the page, you can use a List View Web Part (LVWP) and modify its View to only display the columns you want.
If you use SPD to create the page, you can use a Data View Web Part (DVWP) and only include the columns you want to display on the page.
big0
OK. I will look into this. Data View Web Part (DVWP)
Thanks veru much for your support to this site
big0
theDBguy
Hi,
Let us know how it goes...
Good luck!
big0
theDBguy,
This is much easier than what I was trying to do. Thanks again.
One other question was brought up (Of Course). Management wants approval authorization by the external customer. So do I need to add another field to my list and add ???? to the newly design page?
big0
theDBguy
Hi,
Glad to hear you got it to work.
What do you mean by "approval authorization" by the customer? Did you want the customer to check a box on the page?
big0
Before the customer submits the FMR. There should be a approval process by a senior manage that allows for the FMR to come to my area.
ig0
theDBguy
Hmm... Might you be talking about an "Approval Workflow?"
There is an Out-of-the-Box workflow for that. Maybe it will work for you. Check it out and let us know.
Otherwise, you could use SPD to create custom workflows.
big0
TheDBGuy,
created my web part and send out my link to my users. All is working fine, EXCEPT now. Management want the users to be allowed to attach attachments. When I go into my Designer 2007, and click on F12, internet explore shows my form fine, however there is no way for my users to add attachments. There is two command buttons on my form that automatically shows up. They are: SAVE and CANCEL. Can you tell me how to add the button for attachments?
big0
theDBguy
Hi,
That would be a little tricky. Here's one approach you might try.
List DVWP and directly linking to upload attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.