I am trying to import XML data from a website into an Access database. I have successfully imported this data into an Excel spreadsheet by simply using the Import XML icon on the Developer ribbon. The file name that I entered follows this format: https://my.website.url/api.php?/srv=event_profiles. The website responded by asking my username and password, I entered it and all 900 records downloaded into Excel with no problem.
I tried to use the same "technique" in Access by going to the External Data tab, and clicking the Import XML button, and entering the same file name. I get no response, no request for password, no error, no flicker, no hourglass, no nothing! I have tried doing this with a brand new database and one with a table already created with the structure that matches the XML file.
I've also tried to write a procedure using the Import Action but get stuck there also.
My current workaround is to import into Excel as I describe above and then import the Excel spreadsheet into Access. I would love, love, love to eliminate having to go through Excel first.