Hi,
I have a query that have information such as CustomerID, PurchaseID, ID:
Example:
CustomerID PurchaseID ID
A1 243 1
A1 245 2
A2 246 3
A3 249 4
When I create form using wizard it shows each individual records on each page, what I want is the following:
CustomerID : A1
PurchaseID: 243, 245
How do I create a form like this?
strBean
You could use a subform to display the purchase ID data.
don't have any experience with the form wizard. I'd use Design view.
theDBguy
Hi John,
You could use Brent's MakeCSV() function from the Code Archive but then you won't be able to update the data that way.
Just my 2 cents... 2cents.gif
John_Ross
Okay I used "Design View" and used sub form, it worked. But how do I get it to only show a record once in the form?
For example, I have CustomerID AA1 appearing twice in the form, but I only want it to appear once. For example I have 15 records and it is showing 15 pages in my form but I have 8 unique records. I only want 8 records to show, with everything else in the specific purchase ID.
John_Ross
Hi DBGuy,
subform is sufficient for my need for this form. I did use the MakeCVS in my other DB and it's amazing. Thanks!
theDBguy
Hi John,
nderstood! Continued success with your pro
John_Ross
Hi DBGuy,
o you know how I can make the Form to only show unique records, instead of duplicates?
strBean
I think you should not have the purchase records in the main form's underlying query. That's what is causing duplicate rows. Use a different query for the subform, or just bind it to the Purchases table. Use Master and Child properties to display the right Purchase records (I guess you've already done this part.)
mike60smart
Hi
Are you saying that all of your data is stored in 1 Table?
It may help us if you can upload a zipped copy of your Db so we can see the structure
John_Ross
The subform is now working fine, except it is showing CustomerID and Purchase Id. How do I make it to only show Purchase Id?
theDBguy
Hi John,
an't you just take it out of the form?
Go to the form's Design View, select the CustomerID textbox, and hit the Delete key.
John_Ross
That was super easy- thanks! How do I hide navigation bar in subform? Cannot seem to locate in properties.
theDBguy
Hi,
Glad to hear you got that sorted out. To hide the navigation bar in the subform, go to the Design View of the subform and select "No" for the Navigation Bar property.
John_Ross
I found it in the subform design view, but apparently not in my main form d
theDBguy
Hi John,
That's what I said: "subform"
Glad to hear you got that sorted out too. Good luck with your project.
John_Ross
You said it right, what I meant to say was that I was looking all this while in the main form design view and could not find it.
theDBguy
Oh, I see. LOL.
C
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.