Full Version: Ms Access 2010 Ribbonmissing Controls
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
magicscreen
I am learning MS Access 2010 Ribbons.
The book I am using, "Microsoft Access 2010 Bible" says there are "New" controls on the Ribbon.
It specifically talks about the SplitButton, DropDown (Not the ComboBox) and the Gallery.
I do NOT see any of these controls on the Ribbon.
I tried to customize the Ribbon but there are NO choices for these controls.
Am I missing something? How do I get these controls onto the Ribbon?
Are there any other "New" controls?
Thank you for any help given.
TheSmileyCoder
I don't have that book, but my guess would be that the are talking about the new possible controls you can code for the ribbon.
For the gallery for example check out this msdn link Galleries in the Ribbon
don't think the gallery type control is used as part of the standard ribbon, and I think that might be the cause of the misunderstanding.
missinglinq
You also have to remember that the Ribbons are context-based, meaning you're only going to see icons that have to do with designing/formatting a Form when you're in Form Design View.
Gallery is simply a way to show, graphically, what a given design selection, from the Ribbon, will do. If you go into Form Design View for a Form and click on the Arrange Tab, you should see an area on the Ribbon named 'AutoFormat.' Above it, you'll see a selection of auto-formatting options, with each 'option icon' actually being a graphical representation of what using it will do to your Form.
Linq ;0)>
AlbertKallal
You can most certainly "drive" these new controls by writing some VBA routines. I been waiting for some "great" excuse to have to build a gallery. – they are so cute!
The gallery use is outlined on this site:
http://www.accessribbon.de/en/index.php?Ac...;search=gallery
The split button is here:
http://www.accessribbon.de/en/index.php?Ac...ols:SplitButton
Odare say the access community is honored to have such a wonderful ribbon site. I think a tip of a hat to Gunter's site goes without saying. That site is nothing short of an amazing reference.
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
kallal@msn.com
magicscreen
Thank you for your reply.
Sorry I took so long getting back to you but I was out of town and just got back.
I will look into the sites you sent me.
Art
magicscreen
Sorry I took so long getting back to you but I was out of town and just got back.
I will look into this.
Art
magicscreen
UtterAccess Enthusiast
I will look into the sites you sent me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.