Full Version: Zoom
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
techexpressinc
My users would like the zoom ablility as in Internet Explorer, has on the task bar.
Is that possible?
FOr the magnifer glass tool?
Odid see this but, no luck yet...
Visit My Website
"You can quickly switch the active window between one of the available views by using the controls available on the status bar. If you are viewing an object that supports variable zoom, you can adjust the zoom level to zoom in or out by using the slider on the status bar"
Russ
missinglinq
What exactly does 'no luck yet" mean? Have you followed the instructions for displaying the Taskbar?
  1. Click the File tab, and then click Options.
  2. In the left pane, click Current Database.
  3. Under Application Options, select the Display Status Bar check box.
  4. Click OK.
A step they left out is that you have to Close then Re-open Access for the change to take effect.
Given Textboxes can be made to Zoom to display their contents, if that would work. You can either use a Command Button or Double-Click the given Control to trigger it.
Linq ;0)>
techexpressinc
By no luck, I have a status bar but no Zoom option.
See picture, a picture is worth a thousand words.
Russ
ScottGem
Because Access forms have specific design measurements, there is no zoom tool. You can use the Windows magnifier, but that's you only choice unless you were to create your wn zoom, that adjusted the size parameters of your controls as you zoomed in and out.
missinglinq
I checked on my v2007 and it looks just like your screen shot! Of course, the site you gave did say
Maybe it simply never made it to v2010! Hopefully someone else with 2010 will have further info!
Or, here are some alternatives:
To Zoom any/all Textbox using a Command Button
Simply click into the target Textbox then click the button:
CODE
Private Sub ZoomAnyControl_Click()
  Screen.PreviousControl.SetFocus
  RunCommand acCmdZoomBox
End Sub

To Zoom a given TextBox if it has data in it:
CODE
Private Sub YourControl_GotFocus()
  If Nz(Me.YourControl,"")<>"" Then
   DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdZoomBox
  End If
End Sub

If you want the text box to zoom for initial data entry as well later viewing
CODE
Private Sub YourControl_GotFocus()
End Sub

You can use the Mouse-Over event, but only in a Single View Form :
CODE
Private Sub YourTextBox_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
  If Not IsNull(YourTextBox) Then
   YourTextBox.SetFocus
  End If
End Sub

If you want more control over the size and location of the Zoom Box, you'll have to 'roll you own!' Note that the code below only works in or Single View Forms:
A fairly simple way to roll your own Zoombox is to place a large Textbox (call it MyZoomBox) on your Form. Format it as you like, position as you like and assign it the same Control Source as the Field you want to expand. Yes, a Form can have two Textboxes with the same Control Source!
Substitute the actual name of your Control to be expanded for YourTextBox.
CODE
Private Sub Form_Load()
  'Make the Zoombox invisible on loading the form    
  MyZoomBox.Visible = False
End Sub

CODE
Private Sub YourTextBox_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
'When you double click the field, make the MyZoomBox
'visible and move the cursor to the beginning to
'de-select the text  
  MyZoomBox.Visible = True
  MyZoomBox.SetFocus    
  MyZoomBox.SelStart = 0
End Sub

CODE
Private Sub MyZoomBox_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
  'Double click the MyZoomBox to close it and
  'return to your original field
  Me.YourTextBox.SetFocus
  MyZoomBox.Visible = False
End Sub

Now make the Zoombox visible by double-clicking the Control you want expanded. Do whatever you want to the data, then double-click the Zoombox to close it.
Linq ;0)>
theDBguy
Hi Russ,
Is per the link you posted, the zoom slider bar only shows up for objects that support it. For example, a report in Print Preview mode.
Unfortunately, zooming doesn't appear to be supported by any of the form views.
Sorry...
techexpressinc
Dissappointed...
If anyone hears good news, i.e. MS-Access2013 having the function or some super VBA code that can do it, please post the info.
Thank you for all who have responded, taking your valuable time to share the knowledge with us ditch diggers.
Russ
theDBguy
Hi Russ,
More bad news, I'm afraid. I just checked and 2013 doesn't have it ei
missinglinq
I came across someone elsewhere, last week, who just insisted, even when questioned, that he was running Access 2030! If I can locate him, again, perhaps I can ask him if that version has the capability! ohyeah.gif
Linq ;0)>
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.