Full Version: Field Not Filling
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
MarkinJapan
Greetings,
I am having trouble filling the Instructor_ID field in the TBL_Visa table, see attached file.
The information is entered via FRM_NIE, which has the sub-form FRM_NIV embedded in it.
The former uses QRY_NIE and the latter QRY_NIV.
QRY_NIV has been inserted into QRY_NIE, in which the '*' has been invoked.
The problem:
The TBL_Visa gets populated, but only one, record #1, is filled, without the Instructor_ID.
When FRM_NIE is invoked later, that record is overwritten with the newer information.
I would like to keep the forms as is as the FRM_NIV can be used to update visa information in a future form.

As always, thank you for your time.
M. McAllister

FYI: 'Rachael' is fake, as is some of my info.
cpetermann
Mark,

Try linking the subform to the mainform with the Master/Child links on the subform's property sheet- data tab
Master Link:InstructorID from the Mainform ChildLink: InstructorID from the subform.


HTH
MarkinJapan
QUOTE
Master Link:InstructorID from the Mainform ChildLink: InstructorID from the subform.


That's not an option in 2003 (@work)
I sent it home, where I have 2010.
I get an error message "Object variable or With Block variable not set"
Upon research I think this has to do with the coding for the buttons on the form, as no other code exists here.
What does anyone suggest?

TIA
MNM
missinglinq
QUOTE
That's not an option in 2003 (@work)


Sorry, but that makes no sense; this has been available at least since AC 2000. To repeat Cynthia's advice

In Form Design View:
  1. Select the Subform
  2. Go to Properties - Data
  3. Set the Link Master Field and Link Child Field as she instructed

And, yes, the error message relates to VBA code. If you can copy and paste the code in a post perhaps we can spot the problem for you.

Linq ;0)>
MarkinJapan
QUOTE
Sorry, but that makes no sense; this has been available at least since AC 2000. To repeat Cynthia's advice

In Form Design View:
Select the Subform
Go to Properties - Data
Set the Link Master Field and Link Child Field as she instructed

And, yes, the error message relates to VBA code. If you can copy and paste the code in a post perhaps we can spot the problem for you.


I understand now, by accident. See the attached pics; the properties vary depending on what is 'selected'. I kept going into the sub-form properties, hence I couldn't find it.
I still had some trouble, but after some tweaking, it's now working properly.

As for the code, this is most likely due to some Japanese language interference (from work). I ran the form this morning, before heading to work, and got a familiar error box when I hit the 'UPDATE' button (no problem @work). I'll rebuild it this weekend @home on the all English version. This has happened in the past on different machines when building @work.

I'll keep you apprised. THNX cpetermann & missinglinq
M. McAllister
MarkinJapan
QUOTE
As for the code, this is most likely due to some Japanese language interference (from work). I ran the form this morning, before heading to work, and got a familiar error box when I hit the 'UPDATE' button (no problem @work). I'll rebuild it this weekend @home on the all English version. This has happened in the past on different machines when building @work.


Yes, I rebuilt the forms from scratch in the all English 2010. Everything works as expected.

Thank you for your assistance,
M. McAllister
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.