Full Version: How To Print A Report On A Check Voucher
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
wislndixie
I've created a form in my database that replicates a bank check, micr numbers and all. Currently, when I need to print a check on my blank check stock, I fill in the fields and print the check. No Problem.

My problem is I would like to find a way to print a report that displays and prints the information about the payment in the check voucher just below the check. I would like to be able to print both the check and the voucher at the same time.

Currently my work flow goes like this.
Open the frmcheck - fill in the fields and print the check.
I reinsert the check into the printer and run my report for the voucher and then print on the voucher part.

my report for the voucher uses a query with about 3 parameter values I input before I run the report.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to make this more efficient.
Thanks,
Mike
ScottGem
You need to create a report that will print both. This should not be difficult to combine the data.
wislndixie
Thanks Scott for getting me started. I'm still new to doing things to access. Can you share how I might create the report combining the data from both tables? Do I use the report wizard?
Mike
ScottGem
First create a query that returns all the data you want to see on the check and voucher. Don't worry if the query duplicates data on multiple rows if you are going to have multiple rows on the voucher. Once the query shows the correct data, then use the Report wizard to create the report, grouping on check # (I'm guessing that will be unique). From there you can set up to place the controls where they need to be to print on the check.
wislndixie
That's what I thought, a query then the report, BUT, the data for the actual check form doesn't come from a query, I simply input the data as you would on a form. The reason I do it this way is sometimes I have to input several invoices at one time for the same vendor, then I input the total of the invoices into my check along with the date. I have a combo box that I use to select who the check is being made out to.

Having said all that, I don't know how to build a query that would return all the data I need for the check part. The voucher part would be easy since I already have a query and report that collects that data.

Mike
ScottGem
You can do a couple of different things. First, if you want the check to cover several vouchers, you can sum the amounts. Another option is to use a temp table to store the info entered in the form, and use that temp table in the query.
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.