Full Version: Oops... Lost My Calendar
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
Richro65
I just upgraded from Access 2000 to Access 2010 and to my surprise the active X calendar I had been using worked. I went ahead and uninstalled office 2000 only to find out that the calendar was part of that and now it no longer works.

Seems Access 2010 does not have an actual calendar control. I found a tutorial online that showed someone using a calendar control from the list of ActiveX controls but in my version of Access, that one is not there.

I've read that you can use a date picker in a text box but that is not desirable. I would like something just like the calendar control from Access 2000.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
missinglinq
Using an ActiveX Calendar has always been problematic, for the very reason you've discovered...they're version-dependent. The better alternative has always been to use a Form-based calendar. There are a number out there, but Allen Browne has an excellent one:

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-51.html

What is your problem with using the native DatePicker?

Linq ;0)>
Richro65
Doesn't a date picker just display as a text box until you click on it, then the calendar appears? I need the calendar to be fully displayed at all times. Also, doesn't a date picker require a bound field that is a date data type?

I will look into the link you provided. Thanks!
dmhzx
Well the Access 2007 calendar control works with 2010.
It's called MSCAL.ocx.

That should be downloadable OK, after which you should be able to add it to the references.
Works for US OK.
missinglinq
Doesn't a date picker just display as a text box until you click on it, then the calendar appears?

Yes and no! With a line of code you can make the calendar appear when the user tabs into the Textbox.

Also, doesn't a date picker require a bound field that is a date data type?

No, it can be associated with an Unbound Textbox, if it is Formatted as a Date.

I need the calendar to be fully displayed at all times.

It might help us to give you more definitive help if we knew exactly what/how you are are using this calendar and why it needs to be always displayed.

Linq ;0)>
Richro65
Well, it's used for an agent who books live entertainment. On the form is a calendar and 50 text boxes populated with names of the acts he books. When you select a date it shows where each act is booked on that date.

I did download the calendar from the link provided in the first response and have been working on modifying it to suit my needs and I am almost done with that so it should do the trick for what I need.

Thanks for the replies.
missinglinq
Glad that's working for you!

Linq ;0)>
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.