Full Version: Deleting A Form?
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
Pianobee
I have just finished copying 470 Delegate names into my database from a very bad collection of Excel files office 2007 from the last convention. I tried all sorts of ways to import the names but gave up when the email address properties would not load into my DB as a active email address even though I changed the properties in the old Excel DB. So in frustration I have entered them manually. What has happened I have ended up with duplicate records of some of the Delegates. What I have done in the past with a duplicated name is to simply overwrite it. So my question is can I simply just delete a record with a button somewhere. There might be 20 odd duplicates iconfused.gif

Thanks
Robin
dmhzx
Open the Table.
Right click the record selector (it's at the far left in 2010)
Select delete record.
Am I missing something in the question?
Pianobee
Sorry for the late reply but my email provider here in Australia has been down for three days pullhair.gif
So you are saying just delete the record from the table will clear all details? I have alway over written duplicates so doing a delete a record from the table also deletes the ID number as well I assume?
Thanks
Robin
ScottGem
So you are saying just delete the record from the table will clear all details? I have alway over written duplicates so doing a delete a record from the table also deletes the ID number as well I assume?

There are several ways to delete a record. There is the way dmhzx suggested or you can use the Delete icon on the Home ribbon. or you could have a Delete button on your form, etc.

Deleting the record deletes all the values in the field. If you are using an Autonumber as an ID field, that will also be deleted, but you will not be able to reuse it. The next record will generate a new autonumber. If you have your autonumbers set to Increment, the next number will increase the last generated number by 1.
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.