Full Version: Error mesage received when trying to save form as data access pa
UtterAccess Discussion Forums > Microsoft Access > Access Forms
MustangDriver33
Im having a problem with saving something as a data access page. Im trying to save a form as this, and I get the error message "Microsoft Access is unable to create the data access page....The file does not exist, or you do not have read access to this file" I have read access to it, so thats not the problem. Does anyone know what could be causing this...........i have tried saving reports the same way, and I get the error message. Could it having something to do with the relationships between my two tables?
RJS
Maybe someone out there has had success, but I (and almost everyone I have evertalked to) have had little success data with access pages. It sounds like a great thing in concept, but getting even basic info in/out of them is a nightmare.
Sorry to be such a downer, but I thought you might want to know what you are up against.
Rob
MustangDriver33
I have actually had great success in the past with other databases I have designed, its just this new one that I have created dosnt want to perform the task like it should. Im going to continue to work on it though..........these are the type of things that drive me nuts when I cant get them to work.........then I continue to work at it until I solve it which in some cases has been days on end......usually its solved at 3 am when Im lying in bed and the answer comes to me....lol
tjohnson1958
I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure it out?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.