Full Version: Displaying OLE linked Image in a Report
UtterAccess Discussion Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Reports
disco74
Hi all,
Is there anyone out there who can assist me.
I have 2 tables - table A has all the data I want to show on my report and table B has the file location of the Images which relate to the records in table A. They both have a field which is common to them both.
I am trying to setup a report, that displays the info from table A, and also displays the images for each record which has the location of the image from table B.
Does anyone know how to change or set the Image control to set the picture location for an OLE object in a report? I was thinking of using subforms, but it just doesn't seem to work.
Thanks in advance.
Dianne (Access Rookie)
JayNoelOlimpo
Try an unbound Image
!--c1-->
CODE
On Current
Image.Picture = [Field where the location of the file is located]

GOOD LUCK!!!
disco74
Hi
Thanks for that.
I must be missing something, as I don't seem to have an OnCurrent event on my report.
I used onLoad but I still can't seem to get it to dynamically change the value of the location for each record in the report, as the location is stored in a separate table.
I have tried setting it manually and it works, and I tried setting the picture value based on the id which is common to both tables, but it doesn't seem to work either.
Me![MainImage].Picture = "C:\images\" & Me!Property & "-M.jpg"
* where Me!Property is the field on the report
The image location is c:\images and file name is <property id> - <sequence> . jpg eg (P1-M.jpg)
The report has the property id as a field on it.
Any help would be appreciatedl.
Thanks
danishani
Check this article out, to include a bound picture in your Report.
TH
Daniel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.