Full Version: Command/Toggle buttons on repeating forms
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
YN3B
Is there some limitation I am not aware of regarding putting buttons on a repeating form? What I initially tried, and what I'd prefer doing, is a toggle button in the form footer. I was trying to test the code, so "Stop" is the first line. I let Access name the sub, so I know the name is correct. I get this error message:
The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control.
*The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure].
*There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro.
Otried putting the toggle button in the detail, same error. Tried a command button, same error. Command button in detail and form header, same error. crazy.gif confused.gif
YN3B
No ideas?
YN3B
Still stuck here, I need to find some way to do this ... simply put a button on any section (header, footer, or detail) of a repeating form.
cnagel
Well, I am currently running into the same error!! I have changed the form type to Single form and it still happens. Maybe something's corrupt in it? Maybe a bad group? I don't know - but why would MsgBox("Hello") not be available?
Gotta be something simple I'm overlooking, but I can't imagine how I wouldn't run into it all the time since it's not like I've done anything all that fancy this time...
Thanks,
Chris
Jack Cowley
Import everything into a new, blank db except the form in question. Rebuild the form and try your button. See if that fixes the problem.
th,
Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.