Full Version: Referencing a subform on a subform
UtterAccess Discussion Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
Terradive
Ok so on my main form I have a combo box once you select something from it, it updates a subform called Details using a requery macro. On the details subform there is another subform (minutedetails) that I am also trying to update as well, but I get the message can't find the field 'minute details' in the current record. Any ideas? I would like to figure out how to use the macro to refresh this information.
Jerry Dennison
Welcome to UtterAccess!

You shouldn't need to do anything to the sub-subform. Just make sure it's Master/Child field relationships are set to the linking fields between the data sources.
Terradive
Thanks so to make sure I understand on the details subform change the link Child field to minutedetails?
Jerry Dennison
The master link field should be the PK (primary key) ofthe master table (the first subform). The child link field should be the FK (foreign key) of the child table (the second subform).
Terradive
ok so I'm getting a can't build a link between unbound forms. I probably should have explained it a little more. I actually have two combo boxes in the main form and they select all records that are equal to those two fields(Details). The second subform (mintue details) actually is the linking table between a many to many relationship.
Jerry Dennison
Without seeing what you're trying to do, it will be difficult to determine what is happening. If you can, post a stripped down version of the DB (minus any sensitive data) and we'll take a look.
Terradive
I am trying 523000 bytes any ideas on how to make it small enought to fit?
Jerry Dennison
Have you compacted and repaired? Removed all data?
Terradive
I left some data in to give a feel for what I'm try to do. hopefully this loads.
Jerry Dennison
No attachment.
Terradive
Again I had to manually transfer everything
Terradive
I'm trying to get the TransformersPowers subform to be opened on the transformer that is equal to and be updateable. Sorry aobut the nonreadability of it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.