Full Version: Email
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
Acess_help
How do I go about creating the sending of email in my system? After users have filled up the form, they are required to send the email to the related staff. Looking forward to everyone's input, thanks!
danishani
Are you using Outlook?
If thats the case take a look at this nice article on "How to send e-mail using Outlook in Access".
U can use the SendObject method, however its known to be buggy, however I personally go for the function like written in the article.
HTH
Daniel
Acess_help
My company uses Outlook. I tried the code in the system but it says it can't find the project or library required. What does that mean?
danishani
Check this part of the article:
<
need to check the Objects of your version, because you are using A97. I am not sure everything will work, because I havent test this in A97, and I have no A97 to test it.
HTH
Daniel
Acess_help
The line being underlined when I come across that error is this,
im MyOutlook As Outlook.Application
I have checked Microsoft Scripting Runtime and I've checked Microsoft Outlook 10.0 Object Library. However, there's an additonal word, "MISSING" before the Microsoft Outlook 10.0 Object Library checkbox. Does that mean I'm lacking some files or otherwise?
danishani
Yes u need to UNCHECK the MISSING and to Check the Microsoft Outlook Object 8.0.
TH
Daniel
Acess_help
Lol. Guess its the afternoon heat getting to me. I'll work at the sample db I obtained from the site for now and hope I can implement it. Will get back to you on my progress. Thanks Daniel!
danishani
No problem, drink some water to cool down wink.gif
aniel
Acess_help
Is there any other way I can send email other than using Outlook? What does the SendObject use?
danishani
It uses the default e-mail client which is installed on your PC.
If thats Outlook Express, then it will use Outlook Express, is it Outlook it wil use Outlook.
aniel
ChristineElizabeth
Gosh, I'm SOOOO glad I found this thread - been looking all over the place for email code that actually works and meets all my requirements! Just one question though (newbie here)...
The code is for getting email addresses from a table. I don't need this, since there will only be up to 4 people who will get emails in my application. The addresses will depend on criteria in particular forms, which is where I'll set them as needed.
So, how do you change
MyMail.To = MailList("email")
so it picks up the various email addresses I've set in my form, i.e.
MailList = "Christine.lastname@domain.co.uk"
or, for more than one address...
MailList = "Christine.lastname@domain.co.uk; [email=Dave.lastname@domain.co.uk"]Dave.lastname@domain.co.uk"[/email]
Sorry if this is a silly question - I'm very green to this!
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.