Full Version: IS This Possible.Remember a Value
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
mkkashif
Hello Dear Sir.
I want if a customer enter a value in a Text Field.Then if we go to new Record.
In That Text Field The Last Value we enter last time Automaticaly Shows.
is it possible.to show the last next time in new record.
Any Help will greatly appreciated
JVanKirk
Depending on what all fields you have available you could find the last record created(the most recent) and use the value for the corresponding field to populate the control on your form in a new record.
ason
mkkashif
please give me example code i don't understand what to do.
I want if a user enter a """Abc"""" in the CheckTextField.
after entering a record when a new record enter it shows the value in CheckTextField """Abc""".
Remember the last value
danishani
Take a look at this article "How to fill record with data from previous record automatically in Access 2000".
TH
Daniel
JVanKirk
Dan,

Will that work even if you are not moving into a new record immediatly...as in, a record is created on Monday at 1645, the db is closed, worker goes home, comes in Tuesday morning and opens db, opens form, adds new record and the info is there automatically? If so I LIKE IT. I guess I could just try it but sounds as if you may already know.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

...And STOP SPINNING..LOL
danishani
Hi Jason,
Well the records return the Previous Record entered in that particular form. So the Last record which the user entered will be the come up when the user enter a new record.
Yep... its spinning like crazy ... hehehe wink.gif
Daniel
HiTechCoach
naother ways to to have the after update event set the default vaule for the control the the current vale. Then it will always default to the last value entered.
JVanKirk
That would work, even if the form is closed and reopened...pretty slick for someone from OK...just kidding my wife is from Ponca
ason
quest4
This is an interesting post. I looked into the MS method, an though it is usfull in some applications, not mine. I am using Case to make visible or invisible txtboxes on the form. So, put is therefor one record may be gone for the next, and back for the third. This may be helpful, I have next seen this used, you wouldn't happen to have a quick example of it would you? Thanks.
quest4
Post deleted by quest4
JVanKirk
Inquiring mines...there the ones that ask if your friendly or foe before the blow you up..LMAO!!!
had to say it I just couldn't stop.
Jason
mkkashif
How Can we Set the default vaule for the control the the current vale.
Can any body give a example.?
kashif
mkkashif
how can we set default vaule for the control the the current vale.
can any body give a example.?
kashif
ScottGem
in the After Update event of the control put:
e!controlname.default = Me!controlname.value
quest4
Thank you very much for the response. One last little question, does this also work for comboboxes, chkboxes and memoboxes? Just want to know how far it can push this. Thank you again for the help.
ScottGem
Yes it will work for any control that has a default value.
quest4
Thank you again for the response. That is good to know, I am starting to install it now and it appears to work very nicely. Thank you again I appreciate the help. o!
quest4
Scott, I just tried a few of these and I keep get an err, that Access does not support the method or object. I did try changing Default to Default Value and still the samr. Any thoughts? Thanks again for the help. giveup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.