Full Version: cannot find input table or query
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
TommyTupa
About one a month I get a similar error as shown below with any one of the combo boxes on a bound form. All my combo boxes row sources point to an MS Access table. Why would such an error occur?
Orepaired my database 5-10 minutes before it happened yesterday.
Not sure if it makes a difference but although the combo boxes point to MS Access tables the form is bound to a linked SQL Server table.
Here's the error:
Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'sq_cProjectEntry~sq_ccdoGroup. Make sure it exists or is spelled correctly.
Thanks,
quest4
Welome to UA. I take it that this are ODBC linked table that you are having your problem with. Have you tried relinking the tables in the link manager? Do you have all of the latest service packs installed? Especially the MS Jet. If all else fails, after everyone is off the dbase, create a new blank dbase. Import all of the tables, except linked tables, queries, forms, macros and modules. Then change the name fo the old dbase and change the name of the new dbase to what the old dbase used to be called. Import the linked tables and the runcompact and repair. Now it should look and work like the old one but hopefully with out any bugs. HTH.
LittleViews
This may or may not help you. Recently I had a field that once worked like a charm, but suddenly Access could not find it in a table. I spent two hours on the problem doing such things as copying and pasting the field name into the query.
How then, I am a heavy user of underscores in my fieldnames. For a lark, I put brackets around the fieldname, such as [my_very_useful_fieldname] and the system worked.
Note that I did *not* need to do this anywhere else in the query, with all the other fieldnames happily existing without brackets. And no, there was not a space in my fieldname.
That said, you should always eyeball your field names because sometimes a space gets in that is almost invisible. Othertimes, you can get two _ _ together and they are impossible to see.
Oalso have some linking issues from time to time and sometimes it is my own fault, but other times, it is a mystery. In the "sofware" side of the file, I delete all my links, then I re-establish them and everything is happy.
quest4
Excellent point Karen. I try and use a simple rule with names, NO SPACES OR CHARACTERS. Keeps me out of some trouble. HTH.
TommyTupa
Thank you for all your suggestions. All my lookup table field names have no spaces and no underscores. I could check service packs on users PCs. Why is this occurring in the first place? Would I be better off placing my lookup tables in SQL and using pass through queries to get around jet?
Thanks,
TT
quest4
Does this mean your are using SQL table that are not using ODBC links. I personally have used the ODBC to SQL several times and with good, knock on wood. If you are not using ODBC then maybe you might want to try it. HTH
LittleViews
I just received an answer on another subject and was routed to the following website. In looking around it, you might find just what you need. http://www.mvps.org/access/bugs/index.html
quest4
That is a real good site. I have used it several times myself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.