Full Version: Project Locked - can't access vba
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
superchunk
I have a 2000 Db that keeps telling me that the project is locked - project is unviewable when I try to get into the vba behind any forms or reports. I have no digital signature on it (because it is 2000 not 2003 DB), and I have no idea what happened. Any ideas on how I can unlock the vba window in my DB?
khaos
Try creating a new db and importing everything into it. Your db may be corrupt and hopefully this will recover it. If this fails I have some other techniques as well.
TH
Ken
quest4
Have you tried Compact and Repair?
superchunk
I have tried both ideas and neither work. I have compacted and repaired it quite a few times now. When I was importing everything over to a new db, I kept getting a message for every form and report that I needed to supply a password to access the vba. But I never set user security or a password on this database.
khaos
Try this method
Saving corrupt or broken database objects
HTH
Ken
quest4
I have been looking around, but I have not found it yet, somewhere I saw a dbase repair program. You might want to try the UA archives, a lot of good ideas try. Also Ken is very knowledgable, I am sure he will get you going. Sorry I could be of more help.
superchunk
Thank you guys. Ken I will Try that method to see how it works.
khaos
This is also helpful
Jet compact utility is available in download center
HTH
Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.