Full Version: ListBox Search
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
winlefu
Hi, I do not know if somebody can help me on this. I have a form with a listbox control that shows a list of products, what I want to do is to search the table using a text box control means each time the user type a character on the text box the list box filter the information that match the criteria in the txtbox.
The filed what I would like to use in the search is a text datatype kind.
Anyone Thanks.
Jack Cowley
See the attached demo.
th,
Jack
NoahP
Another demo, very similar to Jack's.
Not meaning to butt in Jack, just offering alternatives...
Noah
Jack Cowley
Hiya Noah -
You NEVER but in because your expertise is ALWAYS welcome!!!
I hope this message finds you well, happy and incredibly rich!
Jack
NoahP
I'm happy anyways smirk.gif
oah
Jack Cowley
LOL! Coolio!!
ack
winlefu
Thanks for your help but I have a question what aboit if the first character is the "0" Zero then the criteria does not applies in the query...
NoahP
I'm not following you. Can you give more detail?
oah
winlefu
My mistake what I want to say is if the field that I am using in the criteria for the query is in blank this record is not shown in the listbox control.
Sorry for the mistake...
NoahP
I'm still not following, I'm sorry. With my demo, if the text box is empty, the list box should show all records.
TH
Noah
winlefu
I am using the example provided by Jack and I was trying to figure what the problem is because when I run my example using his solution the listbox does not show the record(s) that has no data in the field used in the criteria....
egards.
NoahP
That's the one downfall of using the Like "*" & ... method. It won't pick up records containing null values in the field in question.
TH
Noah
winlefu
ok thanks for your time and patience
NoahP
You are welcome, just glad to help frown.gif
oah
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.