Full Version: Hyperlink to open a PDF file maximised
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
Humpty
Hi.
I have a table and one of it's fields is hyperlinks to PDF files (for invoices raised). Is there any way I can force the PDF file to open maximised when the hyperlink is clicked in a form? It would be a much cleaner way of presenting the files.
Thanks!
SerranoG
After you open the PDF, because it's the active window, I assume your next line of VBA code will affect the PDF until you close it. Try simply issuing the command
oCmd.Maximize
Humpty
The trouble is that no code is used to open the hyperlink (the link is stored in the underlying table) so there is nowhere to use "docmd.maximise". It was worth a shot though. shrug.gif
Fuddrucker
Humpty:
id you ever find a solution for maximizing a pdf file opened from Access? I'm having the same problem, and am not coming up with any answers.
The code I'm using to open the pdf file in its own window is
Application.FollowHyperlink "PathAndNameOfFile.pdf"
and that works fine.
Any suggestions? Thanks.
Tom
Humpty
No progress here I'm afraid Tom. I guess it will involve using Windows scripts and I haven't had a chance to investigate it.
jhardy66
Have you tried using the Adobe Acrobat ActiveX Control in Access? It allows you to view PDF Files from within Access. If not I will post an example Monday morning. I have a demo already made that would do what you want, I just don't have it with me...it's at work.
Humpty
That would be great! Look forward to seeing it on Monday. thumbup.gif
jhardy66
I can't remember where I got this from. I know it was in this forum, but it has been a couple of months. Anyway, I hope this will help you out some.
Humpty
I think that might just be the most useful db I've had for months! yayhandclap.gif
any thanks!
jhardy66
Thank you..but I can't take credit for it. I wish I could remember who posted it first. Glad I could help you out though.
ghudson
The Shell command will allow you to open a file minimized or maximized.
all Shell("C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe C:\Test\123.pdf", vbMaximizedFocus)
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.