Full Version: The expression On Click you entered
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
sinan
Hi
Oget this error on my newly installed Windows Xp Prof Box with Access 2003:
"The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error:
A problem occured while MS Access communicating with the OLE Server or ActiveX Control".
I installed Jet's latest version (KB 829558) but didnt help me.
I have had similar problem before but I cant resolve it now.
Sinan
mishej
Sounds like a reference problem or maybe just a need to re-compile the .mdb file. Try Alt-F11 and then Tools, References to see if any of the references are marked "MISSING". It may be as simple as un-clicking them, finding them in the list and clicking on them again.
sinan
I looked at the references but none of them is marked. I tried recompiling or clicking some other references but nothing helped.
mishej
It would seem to indicate that one of the references Access is attempting to use could not be resolved. Is this on a PC that worked previously? That might indicate corruption of the.mde file. If this occurred on a PC where you were trying to install this app then it might indicate that an expected file or program is not where Access expected it to be.
Since this is a new install, the program may have expected an ActiveX control to be in a particular folder but with the new install it couldn't find it so it complained.
Something I would try is creating a new .mdb file and importing all the objects from the troubled .mdb file. See if that helps.
sinan
<<Is this on a PC that worked previously?>>
No this is another PC I have recently installed WinXP and Office. The .mdb file is working on my previous PC.
<<Something I would try is creating a new .mdb file and importing all the objects from the troubled .mdb file. See if that helps. >>
I had tried this but again didnt help me.
Now I checked if the references on my previous pc and the new one are the same. They are all the same except the library 'MS Forms 2.0 Obj. Lib'. I know it is in my previous pc but I couldnt find the file.
et me tell you the references on my previous PC:
'VB for app', 'MS Access 11.0 Obj Lib','MS Forms 2.0 Obj Lib','MS Word 11.0 Obj Lib','MS ActiveX DO 2.7 Lib','MS ActiveX DO Recordset 2.8 Lib'.
sinan
I found the file Forms 2.0 Obj Lib (FM20.dll) on my previous PC. But I recognised that a similar file exist on new PC with a different name (FM20ENU.dll) which is not displayed (or displayed in a strange name) in the references.
mishej
I see a reference to MS Forms on my PC:
0D452EE1-E08F-101A-852E-02608C4D0BB4} 2.0 Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library C:\WINDOWS\System32\FM20.DLL Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library C:\WINDOWS\System32\FM20.DLL
I would assume this is the reference that is causing the problems. Can you remove it? (Uncheck it in the VB editor Tools, References - and see if your code compiles without it?
My guess at the problem is that installation on a customer's PC fails because the application can't find the files it needs (C:\WINDOWS\System32\FM20.DLL).
sinan
I tried your suggestion on my working PC (previous pc) It didnt let me uncheck this saying 'Cant remove control or reference ; in use'.
copied and pasted FM20.dll from my previous PC to the new one and checked MS Forms 2.0 Obj Lib in the references and recompiled it. But the problem remained the same.frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.