Full Version: Where is the scroll event for a mouse? is it ascii?
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
Loop
on my form if users roll their mouse wheel the form scrolls between records. I want to stop this from happening.
Is this something I can turn off in form properties?
If not, where would I capture the event and what is it? (ie ascii keypress?)
thx frown.gif
AJS
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to cancel the scroll wheel. However, there are a couple of posts in the code archive that will allow you to implement a code solution to it.
Mouse wheel demo for Access 2000
A Better Mouse Trap?
I've never used either of these, so if you need help, Glen or ghudson are the ones to ask, depending on whose code sample you end up using.
-AJ
Loop
I was afraid of that. Sadly I can't download attachments at work :( I'll have to take a look when I get home.
Thanks for the info frown.gif
khaos
There is also a method here I've found to be very useful and easy to implement.
TH
Ken
Loop
Khaos that looks good and easy, but being a contractor I don't fancy trying to drop a dll into the server. IT would eat me alive... :(
Loop
Just in case anyone has to stop a scroll event and cant put in a dll for some reason this is worth looking at...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...Product=acc2000
its the bottom example, and as it says its not recommended. It can bite.
khaos
It's no different than using an active-x control that would need to be installed via your runtime package. If you're splitting your database as you should be with the backend on the server and the frontend on the users pcs then you'd be fine as that is where the dll would go anyway. That is assuming you need to have this installed via a runtime package.
TH
Ken
Loop
yeh your absolutely right. But sadly its a political thing, IT department isnt keen on contractors doing their work so mgmt have told me to keep under the radar, I havent even got the rights to register activex on my local pc.
And as per normal I did the user requirements, recommended a design strategy to meet business + user requirements, wrote carefully considered reports justifying it and alternatives... Then mgmt drew up something they apparently thought of during a liquid lunch and got me to build that instead.
hehe
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.