Dec 10 2004, 06:44 AM
Sounds obvious, but I can't get it to work. I've attached my db, rather than try and explain. It's the 'frmOrders' form I'm having trouble with.
Cheers for any assitance.
Dec 10 2004, 07:20 AM
It might have been easier if you had explained a bit - seeing as how you've got three subforms and you gave no indication of what you were trying to update. Still, I think I figured it out. I got Address working and you can copy it for the rest.
The subform is linked on SuppAddressId - but there are no fields in either form called by this name. You need to:
1. Add the field into the subform - you can always make it invisible.
2. Rename the SuppAddress combo to SuppAddressId (which means changing some code as well)
3. Add another hidden field into the form, called SuppAddressId and in the after update event of the combo, set Me.SuppAddressId = Me.cboSuppAddress.
Dec 10 2004, 07:34 AM
Yeah, sorry about that I'd forgotten there was a load of other stuff on that form - I'd been thinking about that one supplier subform too much. Well, you fixed it anyway. Cheers.
Dec 10 2004, 07:35 AM
No worries - I like a challlenge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here