Feb 14 2005, 09:05 AM
I'm currently teaching myself access, so I apologize if these questions are a little basic.
I am building a DB to create and track Bills of lading, I've got a few problems I cant seem to solve.
1. I have created a 'Start page' that has control buttons to load the forms, how can I get this to start maximized?
2. I cant get the Page header and footer to show on the screen, it will show on printing however. Is there any way to show it on screen?
3. How can I force a new print page from a subform? I would like to limit the subform to printing 10 lines, then create a new page. Hopefully I can still use the scroll bar during screen viewing.
Thank you for your help.
Feb 14 2005, 09:28 AM
1. In the on open event of the form use this code
2. Doesn't make sense why not. Do you have all the Office 2000 service packs? Up to sp3 is current.
3. You're not trying to print forms are you? Forms are only for viewing data on screen. Reports are for printing.
Feb 14 2005, 03:44 PM
Thank you for the reply.
I tried to install SP3 from Microsoft, and I'm told I already have it.
I have been trying to print a form, How do I limit a report to one entry? For example, I might have order numbers from 1 to 100 but I only want to print out the information for #100.
When I try a report, it prints everything from the table.
Feb 14 2005, 03:51 PM
You need to limit the source of the report. 2 ways
Have the report source refer to the form directly and let the users choose there. Or build a criteria table and join that to the data source of the report. I prefer to use the criteria table. This method has a little bloat. What I do is write to the table with a userid and any selected fields. In you case you'd need orderID and UserID. The query would then just limit the data by an inner join in the query. Hope this makes sense. Ask for more help if needed.
Feb 22 2005, 12:39 PM
Thank you for all your help so far, I think I've just about got it done.
One question left. Where do I find the Open event so I can use the command you gave me?
Feb 22 2005, 01:03 PM
Go to form properties, it's under the event tab. You'll want this "[Event Procedure]" to appear in the on open property box. The click the ellipsis to the right and enter the code. This of course opens up a whole new world to your access databases and you might want to buy a book and learn how to use vb with access.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here