Full Version: Access Database without the Access Shell
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
robertrees
I have attempted to search the forum, but I dont think I am smart enough on Acess to type the write question to get an answer for my question. My question is this, I have created a smiple database with the hlep that records my flight hours. What I would like to do is have it open up without the Microsoft Access window (ie, just the forms show). I have managed to disable everything in the startup options that I wanted. But i just would like the database to open up with a "stand alone" program kinda feel instead of an access database feel. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
incerely,
CW2 Robert E. Rees
UH-60 Blackhawk Pilot
Unnited States Army
R. Hicks
Welcome to Utter Access Forums ... frown.gif

See the information at the link below ...

Manipulate Access Window

RDH
robertrees
Thank you so much for the quck reply. Once more question, where do I paste this code? How do I get there?
Thanks again.
CW2 Robert E. Rees
UH-60 Blackhawk Pilot
Unnited States Army
tinygiant
Chief Rees,
aste the code in a new module with the name of your choice. In the Open event of your main form (or autoexec macro), put the call in:
CODE
Call fSetAccessWindow(SW_HIDE)
natashaepperson
I tried this... i'm getting error message that access can't hide window unless form is on screen...
trip
you need to make sure all your forms have there popup property set to true and also in most cases you need the modal property set to true as well.
TH
natashaepperson
okay I got the popup and modal set to yes. The form is no longer nested inside access but i'm still getting that message of can't hide access unless form is on screen.
trip
how are you calling the fsetaccesswindow command?
If it's in an autoexec macro then that might be your problem the best way is to put it in a startup form's on open event.
HTH
natashaepperson
I have it
Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
Call fSetAccessWindow(SW_HIDE)
End Sub
trip
perhaps of you could strip down a copy of the db and attach it i could take a look.
Belizmaj2003
When I hide the access window my reports don't work and the whole thing freezes up. Is there a way to use reports?
Thanks in advance
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.